Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Moving Day

It's official - I'm homeless! I handed the keys over to the new owners (well, technically my lawyer handed them over) & am now on the road heading to Seattle.

I had a tough time finding a decent place to stay overnight that takes dogs, but lucked out with a little indie hotel that has wireless for my laptop, a hot tub & probably only 5 other guests in the whole place. I'm not sure anyone else is even staying on my floor. My first choice was the Hampton Inn (always decent), but since they had no room in the inn, I'm soaking up some tacky 1982 decor & quiet. I'm loving the clean sheets & towels, mostly just because I won't have to clean them. I'm so sick of cleaning!

Packing for my big move took much longer than it should have & I have cuts, scrapes & bruises everywhere. Apparently I do not possess mad spacial relation skillz. The toughest item I tried to pack was a simple rice cooker. I must've tried it in 4 different boxes (!) before I found a place for it where it wouldn't get crushed and it wouldn't be the only thing in the box. My storage unit is packed to the rafters & I still had to leave a bunch of stuff at my friend, the big V's workshop. I didn't finish getting everything hauled to storage until almost noon on Monday. The original plan was to have everything packed by Saturday so I could spend all day Sunday cleaning, getting my car ready & wrapping up any last minute errands. Instead I got up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday & worked straight through until Monday night. I took a late night break for Chinese food (mmmmm...beef with black bean sauce), but otherwise I was a packing, moving, cleaning maniac for 32 hours. Whew!

Time to crash & then another day of driving tomorrow. I stop lots to let the dogs run & stretch my legs so it's a little slow going. I'm going to deserve a massage & pedicure spa treatment when I finally arrive. =)

No comments: