Monday, August 14, 2006

Happy to be Home

I'm so glad to be back home & able to sit at my computer with some privacy. I'm used to spending so much time at my desk either working on my site or chatting on forums, reading blogs that I don't realize how much of that kind of "quiet time" I need. Constantly having other people around, even family members that I love, is exhausting! I'm so glad to be back & will be posting lots of new pictures for my members over at Barefoot Kristy.com.

But first, a little about my trip to Miami:

1) The Madonna concert rocked! It was so hot in the arena that I was pouring sweat, but I kept dancing anyway. You know how women get beads of perspiration in their cleavage (which I affectionately dub "boob sweat")? I could feel the drops of sweat rolling all the way down my stomach. I stepped outside after the concert euphoric from finally seeing one of my childhood idols live & the clouds burst dumping warm, wet rain on my sweaty body. It was perfect.



2) I love the ocean. Not such a fan of the sun though. It's been weeks now & my burned bum is still showing signs of trauma. WARNING: Don't forget to put sunscreen on your ass if you're going to snorkel! I did have a great time & got to see a sea turtle & a nurse shark, so a little bum burn was well worth it for the experience.



3) I caught my first fish! That may not be completely true as I do recall going on camping trips with my family when I was a kid, but the only fish I ever remember catching were the ones I scooped up in my net right off the dock. This was my first time catching a fish that was bigger than a minnow plus my first time fishing in the ocean plus my first time baiting my own hook. I was such a squealy girl at the start, but after an hour or so I had no problem grabbing a bloody fish head to bait my hook. I was the only girl on the boat & had lots of willing helpers including three very sweet (and cute!) guys who had come down from Orlando, but I was proud of being able to do everything on my own. The captain was laughing at me a few hours into the trip when he noticed a big smear of fish blood across my forehead, Lord of the Flies style. No girlie girl here! Though the captain did use me as an example when talking about hauling a shark into the boat - he said if anyone caught a shark to leave it dangling off the rod until he came over himself to handle cutting it loose. Just letting it flop around inside the boat was liable to get a girl's red painted toes chomped off! lol



I caught 5 or 6 fish and 3 of those were keepers - a grunt & mangrove snappers. After the captain cleaned my fish for me, I went home with some good sized fillets & got the restaurant in my hotel to cook 'em up for me. Blackened with a little mango chutney...yum!

1 comment:

Daboga75 said...

Sounds like a great time had by a sexy-sexy girl!!!