Thursday, April 10, 2008

Beach Feet

Beach Feet


Hey guys! I know it's been quiet around here lately, but I think I'm ready to come out of hiding now. My sister and her family were here visiting last week and while it was great to see them all, I find socializing for days at a time really really exhausting. I'm usually stuck behind my computer for a reason - I'm a hermit! I love my sister and we get along great; there was no drama or anything like that at all. But between having no attention span (yes, I'm a poster child for ADD) and years spent typing and reading instead of listening, I find it excruciatingly difficult to try to focus on conversations going on around me.

You know when you're sitting at a table with big group of people and everyone is talking? I can't handle that. My brain is not wired for taking in that much information at one time, from so many different sources. By the end of the evening I feel like I've run a marathon!

So, after I packed the family off I've been selfishly enjoying my space, my quiet. Not surprisingly, it gets lonely! I'm peeking my head back out, posting a new gallery of photos for members, adding new contacts to my Flickr page and replying to the emails that are filling up my inbox.

****************


Note about email:
I read all of your emails right away. As soon as I get them, I read them. I just don't always reply to them right away. I tend to keep my mail open as I'm working, so if I get a Big Important Email telling me my server is down or something major, I can react. Otherwise, I read the new ones and think about what I'm going to write back, but I don't actually do the writing back until I sit down with no other work to do and spend a couple of hours replying. It's probably not the best way to do it, but that's my system.

I just want to make sure that you know that every message I get is truly appreciated by me. I love hearing from you & really wish I was more organized and capable of responding quickly. I apologize and hope you understand. And keep writing me! *grin*

No comments: