Thursday, December 15, 2005

magic touch!

I've just discovered that I possess a new talent - opening packs of hockey cards & finding the most awesome-est ones inside. I hit the McDonald's drive-thru with a friend the other day who ordered three packs of hockey cards along with his meal. He let me pick one pack to open & showed me how to do it properly (apparently just ripping off the top is a big no-no). Third card in - Sidney Crosby rookie card, one of the few cards in the run with any value.



He was ecstatic, though I don't really see what all the fuss is about after the pathetic year Pittsburgh's been having. Anyways, I guess with hockey being back & Christmas coming up, my friend has been really getting into hockey cards again. He picked up a big shoe box full of cards in a thrift store for 10 dollars & is putting together some kind of cool package for his boys as a Christmas gift. He asked me to come to the card shop with him so pick up some binders & inserts & a couple of new packages of cards. He was hoping I'd be lucky again & we picked out 3 packages to open ourselves, the rest for the gift. He opened his 2 packs - nothing. I opened mine - Upper Deck Sidney Crosby rookie card. They had one in the store going for $200!

Think I could rent out my services? =)

No comments: