Saturday, June 10, 2006

Server is Fixed!

If you tried to access my site last night, you probably noticed it was either totally missing or loading very slowly. That would be courtesy of some lovely hacker (cracker) that was hammering my server. I couldn't get in to the admin to see if it was a specific username or IP & the tech guy (thanks Matt!) at my host couldn't get in either because as soon as they would reboot the server, the whole thing would lock up again. Very frustrating. The feeling of being totally useless, just waiting to hear back from the tech guy & madly refreshing my support ticket hoping for an update was not how I had hoped to spend my Friday night/Saturday morning. I finally fell asleep at my desk around 5:00 a.m. When I woke up (so rested!), my tech guy had been able to get the server stable enough to see which account was causing all the trouble & it has now been turfed, so things look back to normal now. At $150 per hour for futher support, I hope things are back to normal!

No comments: