Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sexy Movies in the Can (no, not that can!)

Members Update: I've shot a bunch of very sexy new movies over the last few weeks, but they are *still* not ready to be downloaded. I'm so sorry this has been taking so long. I think you are going to love these movies & I can't wait to share them with you! The problem is I think I've been scammed.

Isn't it 2006? How is it possible that someone who makes her living doing internet work can get scammed like an eBay n00b? After the firewire port on my videocamera died I've been looking for a cheap replacement camera. I don't need to use it to shoot videos with - just to transfer the video from the tape to my computer. I bought one off of eBay over a month ago & it still hasn't arrived. The seller isn't answering my emails & though I did manage to get him on the phone, I'm starting to think he was just being polite & helpful so that I wouldn't file a report right away. You have 45 days to file a claim & after that, you're pretty much screwed.

I made the mistake of looking at a convincing auction page & 3 other similar videocameras the seller had listed & believing that he ran a brick & mortar store that was legitimately "overstocked". He'd only been registered for a couple of months & had 5 positive feedbacks. I figured he was a legit seller, just new to eBay. My dumb mistake was not checking to see what the feedback was FOR before bidding. Since he had 4 cameras listed at the time, I assumed the feedback was for other cameras he'd sold. Nope! All 5 were for things he'd bought, not sold. And 4 out 5 were for items that cost less than $1.00. Did you know people sell Gmail invites on eBay???

I'm not holding my breath that this camera will show up, but wanted to get you up to speed in case you'd been wondering why I hadn't added any new movies lately. Looks like it'll be back to my crappy camera & editing out the artifacts (big blue & green pixel-y splotches) frame by frame by frame until I'm ready to roll the auction dice again. Should you feel lucky, remember the cardinal rules of on-line auction buying:

1. Check the seller's reputation in detail

2. Confirm the shipping rate before bidding (especially if they just say "will ship to Canada" but don't specify an amount)

3. Pay using pay pal funded by a credit card (this is crucial - if you just transfer money from your bank account or pay pal account balance & need to file a dispute, you will only get your money back IF the scammer's account has money in it. When you use a credit card, you can go to pay pal first & if they can't get your money, talk to your credit card company.)

No comments: