Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Sign of a New Camcorder

Sometimes when I'm trying to make a decision I'll look to the universe for signs. My mom would call it turning the decision "over to God". When I open myself up & begin looking for some kind of sign, I always find one. I don't think of it as God telling me what I should do, rather I'm allowing my subconscious to see what it wants to see; a "sign" will always appear to confirm the choice I truly want.

Remember how I was complaining about getting scammed on eBay for a camcorder? Though I got most of my money back, I was still out the $25 processing fee. I guess the guy had more money in his p ay pal account because I got the $25 refunded over the weekend. Woohoo! This is my sign confirming that I should buy a new camcorder. =)

After some lengthy research, I decided on the brand spanking new Canon HDV camera, the HV10:



The only problem is trying to track one down. Since they're brand new, no Canadian retailers have them in stock yet. I can order one from the US, but with the lousy exchange rate my credit card gives me & the cost of shipping it'll be more expensive than waiting for it to arrive here. The Camera Store guy has my name on the wait list but can't give me any more info other than it will be here within the next 2 weeks. So...order today & pay for the premium of getting it faster? Or be patient & fiscally responsible? I need another sign.

No comments: