Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tool Time





My mom asked me the other day why it's taking me so long to put my house up for sale. Since I haven't been able to find any contractors to do the reno work for me (actually, I can't even get anyone to return a phone call, let alone show up to work), I've had to resort to fixing everything myself. This is not a pretty sight.

I started with the front hall tiles which didn't match very well with the dark hardwood flooring I had installed when I first moved in:






I'm sure you see where this is going...






It has occurred to me that I'm a clutz. I didn't used to be a clutz, but as I get older I become less & less aware of my physical space. I was lucky to get away with minor cuts & scrapes; I had visions of running the utility knife right down my arm & going to the hospital in my pajamas. But of course it didn't end with just the tiles. No no!





The old pink paint (original owner) didn't go so well with the new tiles. I would have to re-paint. I had a bunch of flat white paint that I had bought to do the ceiling in my old condo a few years ago. I figured basic white would be fine & easy without having to worry about perfect lines around the trim or ceiling. All white, all good. Except that flat paint looks like primer on walls. You need a bit of gloss - eggshell, semi-gloss, something. I realized this only after painting half the room. Back to the store to buy some eggshell & if I'm buying more paint, might as well do the same color as the living room etc.





And that is why it is taking me so long to sell my house. I should stick to computers.

1 comment:

Daboga75 said...

But DIY is sooo fun!!! :)