Monday, January 28, 2008

Pet Peeve: Badly Placed Watermarks

Since I'm a webmaster and run my own site, I get lots of emails from other site owners who want me to put up links to their sites. This is usually a very good thing - I get an inbox full of links to galleries with hot foot fetish photos and videos. Sweet! One thing that drives me crazy about these galleries is the way they pay no attention to where their watermark (the big stamp with the site URL on it) is placed. For example, check out this gallery from Footsie Babes. Super hot brunette. Lovely feet. Nice poses. But why do they go and do this:

Click on the thumb to see what I mean.


Even worse, check out this one:



Now I totally understand why they want to put large watermarks with their site's name all over the images. I know all too well how my pictures end up on various sites, groups and forums without ever giving credit to where the pictures came from, or even whose feet the pics are of. It's really frustrating to see all your hard work be passed off as somebody else's. But don't cover up the goods! Footsie Babes is a really hot site with super high quality photos. I really don't think sending out galleries like this one do the site any justice at all.

Now this video gallery? That's a whole 'nother story! *drool*

No comments: