Thursday, February 23, 2006

FYI: I'm an Ogre

I had two full days of shooting planned yesterday & today, so in preparation I tanned, painted my nails, deep conditioned my hair...all that fun stuff. But as I was getting ready for my cam show on Tuesday night (which I had a GREAT time at! awesome folks dropped by), I noticed the corners of my eyes were really dry. I put on some lotion & did my show, plus a few shots of my feet afterwards for my foot fetish fans. By the time I was done, there were big puffy circles under my eyes. I took off all my make-up, cranked up the humidfier in my bedroom & went to sleep. By the time I woke up yesterday morning my eyes were swollen almost completely shut! Yes, I am an ogre.

I went to a walk-in clinic which wasn't much help. I'm not using any new make-up products or detergents whatsoever. Every product has been something I've used for months without a problem. The only thing I can think of is nail polish, which I don't wear that often, but did have on while I was poking around my eyes applying my make-up. I have an appointment with my family doctor today & hopefully he'll have some suggestions other than Claritin.

It's not as bad today, but still just doesn't look like *me*. I had no idea how much my eyes impact my entire look. It's really bizarre looking in the mirror & not recognizing yourself. As women age, many will get some kind of plastic surgery to look younger, like a face lift or eye lift, and no wonder they end up looking so different. Not younger, just different. Remind me to re-read this entry when I'm 40. =)

No comments: