Monday, December 11, 2006

Birthday Wishes

I've been purposely trying not to update my blog because I'm scared to jinx my good news by telling people too soon. I have an offer on my house(!) that includes most of the furniture(!!), so I could be out of here by the end of the month. The buyer is still waiting for financing stuff to come through, so I'm trying not to get too excited. But...yay! I really don't want the expense of moving most of my furniture out to BC, so selling the place furnished would be a huge time saver for me. No hassling with garage sale bargainers or dragging stuff to storage or more trips to Goodwill. Yahoooooooo!

But don't get too excited. =)

My birthday is coming up soon (the 21st) & I've had a lovely request for gift ideas, so I spent the morning going over my Amazon wishlist. I was treated again to a firsthand demonstration of how addictive shopping online can be. You just keep clicking & clicking & they keep showing you more things highly targeted to your shopping history. I showed great restraint by whittling the list down to 2 pages. Aren't I thoughtful? lol

***I should note here that I certainly don't *expect* gifts for my birthday or any other holiday. This discussion comes up pretty regularly in web girl circles & in the past I've linked to some other blog entries that summed up my thoughts perfectly. I'll have to do more digging to find 'em & would like to write more about this to link permanently, but it'll have to wait until I get back from the lawyer, gym & grocery store. Gotta beat those RL xmas shoppers!


My Amazon.com Wish List

No comments: