Monday, March 03, 2008

Smelly Feet

Someone asked me the other day what my feet smell like and it took me a good long time (and more than a few whiffs of my feet) to answer him. It's hard. My best explanation is that they simply smell like *my* feet. They have an unmistakable foot smell, the same way my pussy has that unmistakable pussy smell, the same way when you get up to go to the bathroom after sex and then walk back into your bedroom, the whole room smells unmistakably like sex.

Smell my smelly feet!All three smells have their different nuances, but there's an underlying musky, fleshy human scent to all three. I don't think any two feet smell the same, just as you'd probably say that each woman has a slightly (or greatly) different taste. I don't have a ton of girl-girl experience, but I'd tend to agree based on the few, wonderful women I've sampled.

Scent being such a powerful sense, I really feel like we're missing out by not being able to include it in our movies, in our pictures, even in our writing. Wouldn't reading a spooky novel be that much more exciting if you could smell the damp rotting leaves as the author described the desolate woods? Wouldn't a cooking show spring to life if you could actually smell what delicious concoctions the chef was preparing?

And of course, wouldn't a photo like this be that much more personal if you could lean into your screen and get a good sniff of my smelly feet?

Smelly feet

Since it's unlikely I'll be able to solve this technology problem in the near future, I'll have to do my best to explain what my feet smell like today. That's another point actually...how much our personal scents vary from day to day. My feet right now, fresh from the shower, smell a lot different than they do after a day at the beach or a day of running around in pantyhose and high heels or after a day trapped in my rubber boots.

Fresh from the shower, my foot pressed to my face hunched over my desk, my feet smell like...well, they still smell like old tennis shoes. Not down by the heel though. My heel mostly smells like shampoo. But up near the toes, the toes which have been shoved into my well-worn pink house slippers, the toes smell like warm wet leather that's gone a bit sour. There's that tangy, sharp FOOT smell. Not like cheese. I don't know why people say that...I don't think feet smell like cheese at all. More like a leather baseball glove that's been left out in the rain and is now drying, warming in the sun.

Tomorrow, on the other hand (or foot, if you like), they'll smell a little different.

I'd love to do some testing on this, sort of a Smelly Feet Project. I wonder how other people would describe the way my feet smell & how smelly they are in comparison to other women. I also wonder what traps foot scent the best.

I do sell worn items: shoes, socks, stockings. I could definitely use a new pair of slippers for around the house! I wonder for how many days those items are able to retain their scent. I tend to sniff my socks and pantyhose as I take them off for the day and obviously that's when they smell the strongest. But how quickly does the smell fade? If I zipped them up into a ziplock bag and popped a pair in the mail, would they still smell almost as fresh? Would 5 or 10 seconds in the microwave do the trick? Hrmmmmmmm.

No comments: