Friday, March 24, 2006

My New Favorite Show



Is anybody else addicted to Survivorman? It's on the Outdoor Life Network, though I'm not sure if it's only broadcast in Canada or not. This is what reality shows should be like! The premise is one guy, Les Stroud, is dropped off in some remote location like the Georgia swamps, the jungles of Costa Rica or the Canadian Arctic & he has to survive for 7 days all alone with very few supplies. Part of the reason I like it so much is seeing all the goofy self-shot footage that reminds me of my own photo shoots. He has a couple of cameras always rolling, but since he's by himself, he needs to set them up on a tripod before he goes to do whatever - fish, set up shelter, try to build a fire & so on.

The last episode I caught was very cool; it had a could actually happen in real life kind of set-up. The premise had Les kayaking along the coastline after renting a kayak from a fancy schmancy resort in Costa Rica. He stopped to wander along an empty beach collecting shells & as the tide came up, it washed his kayak away. He was stuck on an isolated beach with no way out but his two feet & no supplies other than the few things he had in his pockets (& the cameras, of course). He had to find his own way out this time with no camera crew returning to pick him up in 7 days. I won't give you all the details in case you do get a chance to see it. =)

No big weekend plans for me. I'll probably be doing some private cam shows, if anyone feels like playing. I might have a photographer willing to shoot me for free this weekend, but I use the term "photographer" loosely - more of a guy-to-stand-behind-the-camera-and-click-the-button. He does a lot of video stuff & wants to get into shooting weddings professionally, so we're trading his time shooting me for my time teaching him how to use Sony video editing software. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot a bunch of new videos this weekend in my new sexy stockings!

Speaking of videos, I opened a Clips 4 Sale store, so please take a peek & if you have any suggestions, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings from Poland :)