Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bare Feet, baby!

The snow is gone! Woohoo! You know what that means - skirts & sandals will be out soon. I hate wearing socks & much prefer to have my feet bare feet out & about, so this is good news for me, even after the mildest winter I can remember. I had the loveliest nap yesterday with the window open, feeling the breeze flow across my body. This might not seem like such a big deal depending on where you live but I haven't had a window open in my house for months now. Just hearing the sounds of kids playing outside was so soothing. Now if I can just get my sleep schedule back on track, I'll be able to get caught up on my work & house stuff. I've been staying up as late as 6:00 a.m. lately, finally crashing & then sleeping so late that by the time I wake up, I never really feel rested. My body feels exhausted, but when I try to fall asleep at midnight (like I did last night), I toss & turn for hours. Last night I gave up at 4:30 a.m. & got up. I watched Mindhunters, which surprisingly ended up being pretty entertaining. I had low expectations since I'd never even heard of it & I love Christian Slater, so if it had been heavily promoted, I'm sure I would've taken notice. I jumped a few times & let out a yell at one point (which the dogs weren't too impressed by), so if that's how you gauge a suspense-thriller flick, it made the grade.

I have a bunch of meetings tomorrow for both work & some personal stuff - I'm thinking about selling my house. The market is hot right now, I want to move out of Canada & the utilities here are killing me. I really don't need this much space either. So, we'll see. I like the idea of renting for a while & putting aside some money.

I *might* have to cancel my camshow tomorrow night. I'm not sure if I'll make it home on time, but I'll wear something sexy under my business attire just in case! hehe

No comments: