Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day Full of Dohs!

Get ready for some ranting! First, my phone has been unusable since Monday. I pick it up & there is no dial tone, just steady fast beeping (& not the "you have voice mail" beeping). I've been walking down to the payphone down the street every day & the phone company keeps telling me that they're working on it. I'm going nuts! There are a bunch of important calls I need to make that will involve lots of hold time, so not the kind of thing I can do from a payphone. I dropped by my old apartment the other day to pick up some mail & discovered I'd been summoned for jury duty, but missed the date by 6 weeks. Whoops! Since there are pretty heavy fines for dodging jury duty, I'd really like to phone down & explain that I'd moved...yadda yadda. On the way to pick up my mail, a lovely cop pulled me over to let me know that my tags were expired. "Ummmm, no they're not," was my clever retort. Again, wrong address, didn't get my renewal stuff. He didn't give me a ticket, but it was an extra $100 expense I wasn't expecting this month.

The topper? I got locked out of my house today. Remembered *just* as I was going down the steps that I didn't have my keys. Doh! I had to call my ex-boyfriend's father, who fortunately still has keys to my place after he helped me do some reno stuff when I first moved in. I remember telling him to keep the keys "just in case" & it turns out that was the only smart thing I've done lately! Here's hoping tomorrow will be better. =)

No comments: