Monday, May 08, 2006

Foot Fetish "Freaks"

I was watching the hockey game this weekend with a some friends & after a few beers, I ended up getting into a rather heated debate with a very conservative guy about fetishes & the internet. When I say conservative, I mean hardcore, saving himself until marriage conservative. He knows that I do *something* on the internet & that it has to do with adult sites, but he thinks it's just the marketing & promotion part of it, not actually creating my own photos & movies. Needless to say, our opinions on things like foot fetish sites were very different!

For me, being able to surf the net & connect with people from all over the world is an incredible gift. My entire life I've felt disconnected, like I didn't fit in. I can count on 1 hand the number of people in my life who truly GET me. Is that because I'm crazy/alternative/totally different than everybody else? I used to think so & you know what? That was a bunch of baloney. The simple fact is this - connecting with people I relate to has been restricted by my geography. The pool of people I have to find a match with (platonic or otherwise) has been very small, restricted to my neighbors, co-workers & classmates. That's a pretty tiny pool!

Connect to the internet, on the other hand, and the whole world opens up. Suddenly not only is the pool enormous, but the filtration system is top notch. I can find people immediately who share my interests, my passions, even my sense of humour by reading their blogs (or my blog & laughing at my jokes...*wink wink nudge nudge*). My world has opened up & some of the people I feel closest to are folks I've never actually met in "real" life. I can see people face to face every single day & not know half as much about them as someone who writes a blog openly & honestly. It's truly incredible & I feel so lucky to be living in this time.

Mr. Conservative had a polar opposite viewpoint that threw me for a loop. I know that my shock threshold is a lot higher than most people since I do work in the adult industry. I've built websites & done the fun job of submitting sites to link directories & search engines for a couple of years now & some of the sites I've marketed were pretty nasty. Even so, I had no idea there were still people in the world who consider something as common as a foot fetish to be "freakish". I was really angry at first, but now I'm just sad that anyone could be so closed minded. =(

The gist of the argument was that because the internet enables people to come together who normally would never meet, that is a BAD thing. Guys growing up with a foot fetish would've just kept that a secret & never spoke about it. Maybe they would get married & share their dirty fetish with their wife & if he was lucky, she'd be into it too. If that's the case, Mr. Conservative said, "Have at 'er! Knock yourselves out! Just keep it behind closed doors."

But surfing the internet & discovering that thousands of other people all over the world share your fetish for feet? Well that's just wrong, according to Mr. Conservative. "That means that the freaks will start to think they're normal & it's OK. Without the internet, they'd think they were the only one & would keep it quiet & never indulge in it."

For the record, he wasn't strictly a foot fetish hater...furries, balloon guys, all sorts of fetishes were mentioned but obviously the foot one hit home the most for me.

Anyways, I wanted to vent this here because the whole conversation just left me feeling frustrated. If the activity is between two consenting adults & isn't hurting anyone else, who cares? Why are people still so intolerant of any little thing that could bring someone else pleasure? I just don't get it. He couldn't explain why it was OK to be a boob man or an ass man but not a foot man, he just knew it was "wrong". Go figure he's not married! lol

I think life is far too short to come up with more reasons to deny yourself simple pleasures. As a woman, I'm thrilled to know that men come in all flavors & that there are some who will worship my body from head to toe. Just focusing on any single part of me (even my feet!) is missing out on so much. And that's exactly why I love my foot boys. If you'll take the time to pamper my feet, I know you'll be willing to spoil me in every possible way. I'll take a freak like that any day!

No comments: