Monday, May 01, 2006

Oilers Win!

Oilers beat the Red Wings tonight & Edmonton went freakin' nuts! I reserved a table at a pub where my girlfriend works & had a great time watching the game, hoping but not honestly expecting them to win. Everyone went crazy cheering when we won & even though it's freezing outside (supposed to snow tonight!), thousands of Oilers fans hit Whyte Ave, the university area strip of bars, restaurants & funky little shops to party. Just walking up & down the Ave, everyone was cheering & slapping hands. Awesome! So cool to see such a huge crowd of people all getting along & not causing trouble. I've never given so many high 5s in my life! I was bundled up, so no cool shots of me in my fan gear but I did have a couple of news cameras following me for a bit so I'm going to tune into the evening news & see if my footage made the cut. =)

Here are some crappy cell phone pics of the craziness:









If Calgary wins tonight it will be Edmonton vs. Calgary for the next round. That would be insane! I partied on the Red Mile in Calgary 2 years ago & had a great time, but throw the Alberta rivalry into the mix? People would call in sick for the entire week & just stay drunk. lol

No comments: